MARCH 21 IS WORLD POETRY DAY!
UNESCO declared March 21 of every year as World Poetry Day during its 30th General Conference in Paris in 1999. This is to support linguistic diversity through poetic expression and increase the opportunity for endangered languages to be heard.
With this, the UNESCO National Commission of the Philippines and the Philippine Permanent Delegate to UNESCO are launching the Open Call for Filipinos, especially the youth, in the Philippines and in France to submit poems that tackle any of the following topics:
• Empowering women empowering humanity
• Supporting creativity for equity
• Safeguarding heritage sites and elements as beacon of resiliency
• Harnessing oceans and seas as weavers of identities
• Protecting biodiversity, reducing inequalities
• Young peoples building inclusive communities
Submitted poems will be published in form of a poetry book and will be featured in our social media accounts. Contributors have also a chance to participate in a face-to-face/hybrid workshop with renowned Filipino poets as well as heritage, equity, and inclusivity champions.
Artworks can be submitted, too, in line with the upcoming celebration of World Art Day on 15 April 2022.
Kindly submit your entries at: email@example.com. For further inquiries, please send us a message.